TRIGGER WARNING – this conversation discusses explicit and heavy sexual topics including childhood sexual trauma and could be triggering for some viewers. Please know your limits and proceed consciously. If you’re not ready to watch this, perhaps you’d like to look at some happy doodles instead?
OWN YOUR SEXUALITY BY UNDERSTANDING THE CORE ELEMENTS VITAL TO SEXUAL WELL-BEING
CARI ONEAL, PhD
Sexual Well-Being and “Superior Sex” goes well beyond sexual Function & Dysfunction which is all too common an approach in my field. This session took a turn toward the heavy feelings of ‘how to come out and BE sexual with your partner.’ We polled Tree’s audience prior to the interview and that’s what a large number of her listener’s wanted to know. We tried to hit as many questions as we could while still giving an easy to understand framework for Sexual Well-Being. (Where do you put ALL the aspects of sex so you can understand them?!) How can you have sexual confidence if you keep letting the media, religion, culture, shame, (fill in your own blank) tell YOU what your sexual confidence “should look and feel like?” I teach my clients an easy to understand model that helps them sort it all out and develop the sexual beliefs and behaviors THEY choose that are their healthy best. **If your question didn’t get answered, I’ll be answering them one at a time next week on my FB page. https://www.facebook.com/
What You’ll Learn in This Session
- Tree’s confession of discomfort with this topic
- How to deal with uncomfortable topics in a healthy way
- What the hell is a sexologist?
- The inner game of sex and why it’s more important to master it
- A personal example of growing up in a household where sex was ugly and impure and how to overcome that to enjoy sex as a pure, loving and beautiful act
- Secrecy, shame and trauma: How to dig into it and get past it
- Exercises and techniques to help you handle the heavy emotions as you deal with your trauma
- The importance of self-care as you work through your feelings
- The problem with trying to resolve trauma mentally with logic or rationality
- Trauma lives inside your emotional body
- The three layers of trauma
- What does a healthy sexual relationship look like?
- Answering viewer questions
- And more
Complimentary Gift (Valued at $47)
See Dr. Oneal’s special message for you below. Get her Sexual Savvy Tool Kit, a Physical & Emotional Safety Check-In by visiting her site at OwningYourSexuality.com.